Tuesday, December 6, 2011

UP 844, Digital "Watercolor" Art on iPad

Recently I was looking for apps for my iPad that I could use while traveling to sketch and design.  I came across an app called Auryn Ink for just a few dollars, and this is my first attempt at using it.  It's a great little app for drawing and painting -- it's even possible to choose different media and surfaces.  This was done as a "watercolor" painting.  We went to see the Union Pacific 844 Steam Locomotive when it came through Coolidge and Gilbert on November 12, as part of Arizona's Centennial Celebration.  This sketch is from one of the photos I took that day -- sketched with my fingers, no stylus.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed!! This is great! Unfortunately, I understand my computer but I don't have an ipad and wouldn't even know how to use one but after looking at this, I'm tempted to try. Wonderful to have when you're on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool.... That would be one reason I'd like to try the I-Pad...
    Maybe some year!!

    This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete