Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sunset on the Salt River, 9x12 oil painting on archival panel



Sunset on the Salt River
9x12 oil painting on archival panel

I painted this from a photo I took along the Salt River north of Mesa, Arizona, in the Tonto National Forest.  This location was in the Phon D. Sutton rec area.  I've been to this area many times in the early morning and late afternoon to paint and take photos.  This past week I went there in the morning, and as I was hiking down to the river, a mountain lion crossed the path in front of me.  He was close (less than 25 feet), and I'm very lucky he wasn't interested in me.  This is one of the most beautiful spots on the river, but I won't go there again by myself.  It was frightening.  Mountain lions have been spotted in that area for the past few years, but this was the first time I've seen one.  I hope it's the last.

This painting is available for purchase through an online auction.



No comments:

Post a Comment