Friday, September 26, 2014

He Served, 14x11 watercolor painting

He Served
14x11 watercolor painting
on 140# Fabriano Artistico paper

I painted this portrait of my dad, George Quinn, from an old black and white photo taken while he was in Italy during WWII. The note on the back of the photo said "San Maria, Italy, Feb. 1945". I searched the Internet for a town named San Maria or Santa Maria, but I couldn't find one. I did find other WWII records about his service, though. He served in the 10th Mountain Division Ski Patrol; and that division was in the Appenine Mountains driving back the Germans from northern Italy. My son just saw this painting over the weekend, and he loves it -- so I'm going to frame it and give it to him. His first-born son is named Quinn, after my dad.


StevieDennyArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment