Sunday, March 2, 2014

FIrst Place Award!


Sky Dreamer
14x11 watercolor on 140 lb.Fabriano hot press paper
Not for Sale

I'm pleased that my painting "Sky Dreamer" won first place last night in the Watercolor Division at the Gilbert Visual Art League Show.  We had a great opening reception!  The show is at the Gilbert Historical Museum (Gilbert Rd. & Elliott), and it will run through March 29.

I painted Sky Dreamer as a Christmas gift for my husband Bob.  He volunteers with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in the Aviation Division.  A lifelong pilot, he is happiest in the sky.

A special thanks goes to Kim Johnson-Nechtman, who has taught me so much about watercolor portraits.

Now, back to mission painting... this is a little study I did just to keep in practice.  It's from one of the hundreds of photos I took when I visited Mission San Juan Capistrano a few years ago.

Mission Study
9x7 watercolor on 300 lb. Fabriano cold press paper

This painting is available through an online auction on Daily Paintworks.










No comments:

Post a Comment